Saturday, February 10, 2007

Of foreign visitors, doctors appointments, and snowboarding.

A couple days ago, my family agreed to take in a foreign exchange student for a couple of days while he/she went skiing at a local resort. Last night, my mom and I picked up Chris, a Taiwanese neurosurgeon in his forties who was studying, along with the other students, at University of South Carolina. This past December, he graduated, and now wants to try out skiing for his first time. In fact, this is his first time seeing snow. (!) Although is accent 'blurs' his English, he's a very intelligent person. Its his hope to make a breakthrough in medicine, and find a cure for a lot of diseases. For the past six years he's been studying through USC and has a lot of fascinating things to say.

After talking for a while, we all went to bed so he could get up early to ski. (Which he's excited, yet apprehensive about.)

Last Wednesday, I went to Charlotte for a doctor's appointment. After a little while, he found what the problem was, and assures me that I'd be able to swim in 10 days! That is, if I take my medication.

This Monday, I will be going snowboarding for my first time. Hopefully, Daniel Richard will share in the agony. (He better not chicken out!) Thanks to a collapsed lung, Jackson will not be able to give us a few tips and tricks. For those of you who read this and snowboard, we'll probably need your help to last the day. ;-)

Signing off,

J. Drake

No comments: