Sunday, February 11, 2007

Of early morning awakenings, church, and a much needed nap

This morning, at around 6 am, I pulled myself out of bed, groggily climbed down my loft latter, and got ready to go to church. Today, I had decided, I would go with Jordan and hang around for all three services. 20 minutes after getting up, I crawled into the car and we headed off to church. When we got there, I sat around while the worship team (which Jordan is on, playing keyboard) practiced their songs. At 8:15, the dedicated few shuffled into church and the first service began. For those that saw me, I had a hard time keeping my eyes open and seemed very distant. (Nothing a good 2 cups of caffeinated coffee couldn't cure) At around 9:30, my parents, and Chris (read previous blog entry), came in and I stayed with them for the entire 9:45 service. At 11:00, the foreign students and their host families enjoyed pizza in the commons. During this time, I had a good talk with Chris, who having heard me play my compositions, declared I had an 'extraordinary talent.' Its nice to get feedback. What a fun trip we had with him. When Chris climbed in to a car to go back to USC, I went back into the service and stayed with Jordan to hear Pastor Scott again. (Thank goodness it was a good sermon) Afterwards, I climbed into the car to go home, having spent a total of 6 hours at church.

Now I know what it feels like to be on the worship team. Ugh...

So, I'm off to take a nap. I was going to go to Ultimate Frisbee today, but because of a lack of a ride, and my lack of energy, I am not going.

Tomorrow, I'll be going snowboarding. (!) Pray that I don't break my coccyx like my poor aunt.

Signing off,

J. Drake