Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Of smashed mirrors, and a new phone service

Well, so far, today has been wacky. While visiting a friend, my mom was bitten by a dog, and on our way back from class, an 18 wheeler smashed our left side mirror. One moment we were yakking, and the next, the car shuddered and there was a loud 'smash.' My mom blared on her horn and forced the guy over to a nearby gas station. Fortunately, the guy was very nice and apologized effusively. After all the details were cleared, and insurance stuff taken care of, we headed home. Looking at the mirror later on, I realized what a huge 18 wheeler can do. The plastic and glass was shattered and jagged, and the frame was bent at an odd angle. Thank goodness he only hit the mirror, not the car.

Great news! My dad has finally decided to get a better phone service, caller ID, and a faster internet connection. I can't wait! According to him, it should be in use in about 24 hours.

Well, I'm off to music lesson.

Signing off,

J. Drake

No comments: