Monday, March 5, 2007

Of Pathetic and Prejudice

Well...

I just started to read Pride and Prejudice, (Which I've rightly named Pathetic and Prejudice) which is a Literature 1 assignment. 11 small chapters later, I fell asleep. How boring could a book get? Who cares about marrying off daughters to rich dudes, or continual small talk amongst lame characters? I certainly do not. Sara told me the book is 'the heart of a woman,' I'm thinking more like 'the heart of b-rated literature.'

It might improve, but I, as a boy, cannot help but dislike it.

As Mark Twain said:

I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.


There are other quotes, but I shall refrain from posting them for the sake of my female readers.

Signing....zzzzzz....off,

J. Drake

14 comments:

The Warrior said...

Lol, I'll let my sister see this. She'll be soooo mad at you. ;-P

J. Drake said...

Lol. Go ahead.

Thank goodness I don't live anywhere near you. I'd be beaten for sure :D

The Warrior said...

I think you're right. You'd go missing and be found dead in a ditch some time later. ;-D

I showed it to her. She practically hates Mark Twain for that quote (she knew of it before)....but since she's my sister I can't stop her, so I guess I'll have to say bye-bye now. She'll find you and pound you to pieces...but I promise to remind the world what a good AFOL you are at your funeral. ;-)

Lol, I'm kidding!

Nathan said...

LOL!!!

I didn't hate Pride and Prejudice, but I still found it excruciating to read. That term of my sophomore English class was brutal.

Oh, and Mark Twain is my hero. I built a tribute to Huck Finn out of LEGO last year and put it on Brickshelf. And that little quote of his just inspired a vig.... 8-)

J. Drake said...

I can't wait!

--In hiding--

The Warrior said...

Oh boy, my sister's gonna be gunning for both of you now!

I can't wait, either! :-P

Stephanie said...

That was absolutely hilarious. I must admit.

And, I never read the book. I watched the movied a bluffed my way through the book report. haha.

Courtney said...

you're all horrible. ;) not really.

i love P & P. :D lol. if you don't like it, that's your opinion. ;)

i actually find that quote funny... oh man. :D

The Warrior said...

Hey, what'd I do? I'm the one who's watched it a billion times with my sister....

Courtney said...

lol, spence. you're excluded from the "you're all horrible." ;)

The Warrior said...

Aww, thanks Courtie! You don't fit into that group, either...:-P

Courtney said...

yay me! :D ;)

lol. thanks spence. ;)

The Warrior said...

You're welcome. :-D

Unknown said...

LOL!! But ever consier reading Brontë literature? It's a bit more exciting--mad wives, ghosts, a duel over an unfaithful mistress, abusive husbands, a fire, disembodied voices--what more could you want? ;) Granted, there's plenty of romance for the ladies (oooohh, Mr. Rochester, ...♥)^^ But books by the Brontës (especially Jane Eyre) are far better than Pathetic and Prejudice. ;)