Sunday, February 18, 2007

Of concerts....

Last night I went to Winter Jam for my second time this year. I am convinced, that on March 18th (the last performance in Charlotte), I will get there 3 hours early and camp by the door. Even though we were an hour early, there were thousands who had arrived before us and thousands more, coming by the minute. Clearly, there was no chance for all of us to find good seating. When we finally squeezed into the coliseum we could only find two seats on the floor, and even those were about 100ft from the stage. Through cellphone communication, we decided that Daniel and I would stay where we were, and the rest of the group find seating in other places.

The rest of the performance was awesome. Hawk Nelson was amazing, Steven Curtis Chapman was great (He even had Clay Aiken come and sing some during the performance), and John Morgan as the president was hilarious.

Half-way through Jeremy Camp, Daniel and I rushed up to get in line for Hawk Nelson autographs. 45 minutes later, I walked away with a hallowed piece of paper. (Hehe) When I mentioned that I had been to Johnson City this year, they were impressed and thanked me for coming. I wonder if they'll remember me in Charlotte....

Well, tonight I'm going over to my grandparent's house to watch 'The Illusionist.' According to my dad, its the best movie he's seen in 5 years. We'll see about that.

Signing off,

J. Drake

No comments: